Locavore is a social enterprise and Community Interest Company founded in 2011 with the objective of building more sustainable food networks which are better for society and the environment. Since then the organisation has grown and diversified business strands to become an employer of around 60 people with a projected turnover in this financial year of £3.3million.
Our key activities include:
- Retail – We run our shop 349 Victoria Road in the south-side of Glasgow which focuses on sale of local, organic, low waste foods and goods.
- Food Service – We run a cafe within the above, provide catering to events, and from the start of March will operate an additional cafe location on Renfrew Street in Glasgow City Centre.
- Food Growing – We are a grower of local organic vegetable at a number of sites in and around Glasgow.
- Veg Boxes & Wholesale – We supply around 1500 households across central Scotland with a weekly organic veg box and supply produce to a number of shops and cafes.
- Locavore Trading – We are an importer and distributor of organic foods to other progressive retailers and processors around the UK.
- Projects – We run a number of projects such as our Grow the Growers Programme and Good Food Fund as well as hosting events on topics surrounding our work.
We have big plans for the next few years which include a push to open more retail locations, however our strategy is still under development.
Find out more about Locavore:
We are looking for additional directors to contribute to our continued success. In particular we are looking for people with specific experience which includes:
- Relevant sector experience such as food retail/supermarket, wholesale/distribution, logistics, business development.
- Hands on experience of growing a business from our scale onward.
- Finance, HR or IT expertise.
Directors are expected to:
- Take on the responsibilities of a company director: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/being-a-company-director
- Contribute to and support the strategic development of Locavore.
- Provide support and guidance to the Managing Director and monitor their performance.
- Get involved with projects within Locavore from time to time.
- Attend board meetings which are at least quarterly and attend occasional development or strategy workshops.
This is a voluntary role; there will be no remuneration for your time as a director.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to:
The closing date is the 2nd of March.
Vegbox Delivery Driver
We’re looking for drivers to deliver our weekly veg boxes.
You’ll be an experienced driver with your own van suitable for delivering fresh produce and be available on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
We’re initially looking for cover drivers who are happy to pick up odd shifts but it is highly likely this could tun into fixed routes on fixed days as our customer numbers increase.
We pay the Living Wage of £9.30 p/h plus a mileage allowance of 45p/mile.
To register your interest email email@example.com to introduce yourself, let us know what vehicle you have and what days you are available.