The veg box subscription is monthly, running from the first to the last day of each calendar month. This means that:
- payments are made monthly
- if you’re wanting to make changes to or cancel your order, this will take effect at the beginning of the next calendar month
How often we deliver
We deliver weekly or fortnightly:
- veg boxes
- fruit bags
- milk, drinks and juice
- tinned tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
We deliver monthly:
- meat box
- cheese selection
- pulse, grain and pasta selection
- treat box
- Other items from our shop can be delivered on either a weekly or monthly basis.
- We are currently unable to deliver individual items as a one off.
- The minimum order value per delivery is £10 including the delivery charge.
- The frequency of deliveries is either weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- The delivery charge is a flat rate of £2, which pays our drivers the living wage as well as a mileage allowance.
- All deliveries are made on a Friday, however, if we’re running late, due to weather conditions for example, we’ll let you know if we’re going to deliver on a Saturday instead.
- We can’t guarantee a delivery time, as this will vary due to the number of deliveries, traffic and weather conditions, however as the delivery runs mostly stay the same, you can expect your delivery around the same time every week.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with delivery instructions, especially if you know you won’t be home when we deliver. Please let us know of somewhere safe and sheltered that we can leave your delivery.
- If you live in a tenement, you can give us a key for the close so we can leave your veg box outside your flat door.
- After you’ve filled out the online form, you’ll be directed to a confirmation page with a link to Go Cardless to complete a direct debit mandate.
- We’ll email you with confirmation of your order and payment schedule.
- Your first delivery will be noted on the confirmation email that we send to you.
- Payments are to be made by direct debit on 27th of the month, to pay for the month ahead. The date on the invoice will be the 24th of each month, as it takes at least 3 days for the payment to process.
- The monthly price we give you is an average which takes into account months which have 5 weeks: (total of individual weekly prices) x 52 weeks ÷ 12 months
- If we haven’t received a payment from you before the first delivery of the month, we’ll contact you to confirm your order. Without a payment, we’re unable to deliver.
Pausing your order
- If you’re going on holiday, or need to pause deliveries for a week, the deadline for informing us is 11pm Tuesday before the delivery on Friday, which allows us to plan ahead for harvesting and packing.
- We will refund the full amount for the week if we are contacted by this time.
- If you contact us after this time, we will be able to cancel your delivery, however, you won’t be offered a refund. Instead we’ll donate your veg box to the Good Food Fund.
If we owe you a refund for a holiday week for example, we will email you a credit note, which will automatically be deducted from your next payment.
Changing your order
- You’ll need to give us written notice of the changes you wish to make, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact us at any time to change to your order, however, as the subscription is monthly and you’ve prepaid for the month, any changes you wish to make to your order will begin on the first delivery of the following month. We’ll let you know of any changes needing to be made to your standing order before it reaches our account.
- For newly subscribed customers, we’ll allow you to make changes during your first month so you can work out what works best for you.
- All veg boxes are made up as standard, and the content varies week to week.
- If there’s anything you don’t want to receive, let us know and we’ll adjust your veg box accordingly.
- Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that you’ll get specific items, as the produce varies seasonally.
- You’ll need to give us written notice of your cancellation, by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can contact us at any time to cancel to your order, however, as the subscription is monthly and you’ve prepaid for the month, you’ll get your last delivery on the last Friday of the month, unless you make alternative arrangements with us.
- We will cancel your direct debit.
- We’ll deliver your veg in folding boxes (for standard size veg boxes and upwards), which we provide to ensure the produce is suitably packed. You’ll need to leave the box out for collection the following week, and we’ll replace it with a full one. There will be a replacement charge for any lost boxes.
- We reuse the eggs boxes, so please help us reduce waste and costs by leaving those out for collection too.
- The monthly meat and cheese boxes are delivered in insulated boxes with ice packs. Please leave these out for collection the following week, as we reuse them.
- We’ll automatically add you to our weekly emailing list for veg box newsletters. Here you’ll find recipe ideas, and information on where your veg has come from. If you’d like to unsubscribe, just let us know.
- If we need to contact you, we’ll do so by email or phone, so please ensure that if either change, that you let us know.
What happens if….
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a flat)
- We’ll try to gain access to the close by buzzing one of your neighbours, and we’ll leave your delivery outside your flat door.
- If we can’t get into the close, we’ll leave the delivery in the safest place, and will contact you to let you know where we’ve left it.
- If we can’t gain access to the close and your order contains a monthly special such as a meat or cheese box, we’ll return the order to the shop for collection and contact you.
- We’d prefer to leave your order outside you flat door, out of sight and out of the weather, so if access is a recurring issue, we’ll ask for a spare key to the close.
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a house)
- We’ll leave your delivery in the safest place we can, and contact you to say where it is.
We’ve left your delivery outside your door, and it has been taken
- In the first instance we’ll replace it, and ask for a safe place that you’re happy for us to leave your order.
- If this continues to happen, we won’t be able to replace your order as it is your responsibility to ensure we have adequate delivery instructions.
Your order is partially delivered or not delivered
- Contact us and we’ll give you the choice of:
- a delivery as soon as possible
- collection from the shop, with a £10 voucher as way of apology for the inconvenience
- a refund issued to your directly to your bank account
If we’re out of stock of an item that you have ordered
- We’ll substitute it as best we can, but if you’re not happy with this, we’ll refund you.
Let us know if there’s a problem by phoning Veg Box HQ on 0141 423 8685 or emailing us at <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com</a> – the only way we can improve our service is through customer feedback.