Now Recruiting: 2 roles, retail assistant & packing assistant
Retail Team Member, Govanhill
Start Date: Asap
Duration: Ongoing, pending successful probationary period.
Responsible for: Assisting with the smooth operation of our Locavore
grocery offer in Govanhill.
Hours: Part time, approx 22.5h per week.
Pay and Benefits: £9.60ph, staff discount at a number of locations,
cycle to work scheme, employer contribution pension.
Location: Locavore, 349 Victoria Road, Glasgow G42 7SA
We are looking for a smiley happy retail superstar to join our Govanhill team!
As a retail team member you will be responsible for serving at the
till, stocking up, assisting with deliveries, and communicating
cheerfully with customers and colleagues alike. You’ll report to the
General Manager of the store and will form strong and supportive
working relationships with the rest of your team.
You’ll spend the majority of your time on the shop floor, providing
excellent customer service and being proactive on the shop floor,
jumping in when needed in different areas, always with a smile.
You’ll be keen to learn about our product range and services so that
you can better inform the customer about the benefits of supporting a
better food system.
For more details, including how to apply, click here
The closing date for this position is 8am on Monday 21st June.
Veg Box Packing Team Member
Start Date: June 2021
Location: Our warehouse near Bellahouston Park, G41
Duration: Ongoing pending successful probationary period.
Responsible for: packing various goods for our veg box scheme, organising boxes for distribution, and generally contributing to a safe and legal environment in the workplace. Duties may vary from time to time.
Hours: Covering staff absence to start with may lead to full time role
Pay and Benefits: £9.60ph plus staff discount at a number of locations, employer contribution pension, cycle to work scheme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack orders accurately with great care for quality control
- Manage your own work station efficiently employing good housekeeping standards
- Checking delivery runs and helping drivers load vehicles
- Stock management: rotation, storage etc
- Waste management
- Maintaining excellent cleaning standards throughout the warehouse
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good knowledge of fruit and vegetables is desirable
- Good working practice with regard to health and safety at work
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods
- Ability to lift and carry weights of up to 25kg
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions
- Shared ethos – believes in, lives and promotes Locavore values
- Experience in a fast paced and ever changing environment, able to manage a busy and varied workload
- Ability to tackle an issues as they arise in a professional manner, communicating effectively and respectfully with colleagues, prioritising tasks as required
- Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable person with loads of energy, who is excited to support Locavore and develop with us during this exciting period of growth.
The closing date is 8am on Monday the 21st of June.
Please submit a CV (maximum 2 pages) along with a one page cover letter outlining why you want to work with us and what you think you could bring to this role.
Applications should be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org