The veg box subscription is monthly, running from the first to the last day of each calendar month. This means that payments are taken monthly.
How often we deliver
- The frequency of deliveries is either weekly, fortnightly or monthly, you choose.
- The minimum order value per delivery is £10 including the £2 delivery charge.
- The delivery charge is a flat rate of £2, which pays our drivers the living wage as well as a mileage allowance.
- We deliver on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays which depends on the delivery area.
- We can’t guarantee a delivery time, as this will vary due to the number of deliveries, traffic and weather conditions etc; however as the delivery runs mostly stay the same from week to week, you can expect your delivery around the same time every week.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with delivery instructions, especially if you know you won’t be home when we deliver. Please let us know of somewhere safe and sheltered that we can leave your deliver at least 48 hours before delivery.
- If you live in a tenement or block of flats, it is your responsibility to ensure your driver can gain access to the close, or to provide a safe place for the order to be left should they be unable to gain entry. If your driver is unable to gain access and cannot identify a safe place to leave your order, it will be brought to the shop for customer collection.
- You can give us a key for the close so we can leave your veg box outside your flat door. We ask that you do not give the key to your driver or take it to the shop but to post it to Veg Box HQ at:
36 Dumbreck Road
- If your veg box is stolen, we’ll replace it on the first occasion that this happens. We won’t be able to replace any subsequent stolen boxes, as you’re responsible for providing us with delivery instructions.
- After you’ve filled out the online form, you’ll be directed to a confirmation page with a link to Go Cardless to complete a direct debit mandate.
- We’ll email you with confirmation of your order, first delivery date and payment schedule at least a week before your first delivery.
- We take payment by direct debit through Go Cardless.
- We’ll send you an invoice after the last delivery of every month, and payment will be taken from your account 3 days after. In a month, you will get four or five deliveries depending on how the dates fall.
- When we first set up your subscription, we’ll process a payment for your first week, which will be taken within the following 3 days. This allows us to check that your direct debit mandate is working. This will appear on your invoice at the end of your first month, and the payment made will be deducted from the total due.
Pausing your deliveries
- If you’re going on holiday, or need to pause deliveries for a week, the deadlines is 9 am on Monday.
- If you contact us after this time, we will be able to cancel your delivery; however, you will still be charged for it, and we’ll donate your order to the Good Food Fund.
- This allows us to plan ahead for ordering, harvesting and packing, and therefore reduce waste. If you contact us by the deadline, you won’t be charged for the delivery on the cancelled week(s).
Changing your subscription
- You’ll need to give us written notice of the changes you wish to make, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact us at any time to change to your order; however, if you’re wanting to make a change for the same week, you’ll need to contact us by 9 am Monday. This allows us to plan ahead, avoiding waste.
- All veg boxes are made up as standard, and the content varies seasonally and week to week.
- If there’s anything you don’t want to receive, let us know and we’ll adjust your veg box accordingly. We can accommodate a maximum of three exclusions for veg, and three for fruit. The list of options is here. Please note that we are not able to accommodate requests to opt-out of items not on the list, or custom opt-outs.
- We can’t guarantee that you’ll get specific items, or make up a custom box as the produce varies seasonally
- Changes to opt-out lists take at least a week to come into effect; this is because we need the information before we order our veg.
If there’s something wrong with your delivery
- When you receive your delivery, check your order is correct, ensuring all items are there.
- Please also check the quality of your order – certain items can turn quickly after our own careful quality control.
- If anything is missing or of poor quality, let us know within 24 hours of receiving the box. Please also attach photo evidence where appropriate.
- Where applicable, we will try our best to redeliver if your driver is still out on delivery. If not, we will refund you as credit to your account. This will show up on your end-of-month invoice as a deduction from the week where the error occurred.
- After this time, we are generally unable to process refunds.
If any produce turns bad unexpectedly outwith the 24 hour period then please do get in contact (with a photo) but first please ensure you have stored the item correctly by referring to our storage guidelines.
- You’ll need to give us written notice of your cancellation, by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can contact us at any time to cancel your order, however, if you’re wanting to make a change for the same week, you’ll need to contact us by 9am on Monday.
- Should there be any credit remaining on your account when you cancel, we can either give this to you as credit to use in our shop, transfer the balance directly to your bank account, or donate it to the Good Food Fund.
- We’ll deliver your veg in folding boxes. Please leave the box out for collection the following week, and we’ll replace it with a full one. There will be a replacement charge for lost boxes.
- Mossgiel also need their milk bottles to be returned so please help us reduce waste and costs by leaving those out for collection too.
- The monthly meat boxes are delivered in insulated boxes with ice packs. Please leave these out for collection the following week, as we reuse them.
- We also collect some other packaging: vegware hummus and pesto pots, Ed’s Bees jars, etc. Please refer to the newsletter for the current list of packaging we collect.
- When veg needs additional packing down, we use either paper bags or biodegradable plastic. Sometimes veg arrives from our suppliers in plastic packaging; although we endeavour to avoid this wherever possible, our boxes are not plastic-free.
- We’ll automatically add you to our weekly emailing list for veg box newsletters. Here you’ll find recipe ideas, and information on where your veg has come from. If you’d like to unsubscribe, click the link in the email or let us know.
- If we need to contact you, we’ll do so by email or phone, so please let us know if either change.
The Online Veg Box Shop
- The Online Veg Box Shop opens on Friday evenings and closes at 11pm on Monday
- The shop is hosted on the Open Food Network website; you will need to make an account with them using the email address linked to your veg box account.
- When placing an order, please select your correct order day; if you do not, your order may be cancelled, in which case we will notify and refund you.
- We have a limit of 6 tins per order. This is to ensure our packers and drivers can handle and carry your order safely. Orders containing more than 6 tins or being otherwise very large may be amended or refused, in which case we will notify and apply any relevant refunds.
What happens if…
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a flat)?
- We’ll try to gain access to the close by buzzing a neighbour, and will leave your delivery outside your flat door.
- If we can’t gain access to the close, we’ll contact you and let you know what will happen.
- If access is a recurring issue, we’ll ask for a key to the close.
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a house)?
- We’ll leave your delivery in the safest place we can, and contact you to say where it is.
- If no safe place is available, we will contact you to let you know what will happen.
We’ve left your delivery outside your door or in a safe place, and it’s been taken?
- In the first instance we’ll refund you for it, and ask for a safe place that you’re happy for us to leave your order.
- If this continues to happen, we won’t be able to refund you for your order as it is your responsibility to ensure we have adequate delivery instructions.
Your order is partially delivered, or not delivered?
- Contact us and we’ll track down your order.
Something you ordered is out of stock?
- We will email you to let you know, and apply a refund via credit note to your account.