The veg box subscription is monthly, running from the first to the last day of each calendar month. This means that payments are taken monthly.
How often we deliver
- The frequency of deliveries is either weekly, fortnightly or monthly, you choose.
- Other items from our shop can be delivered on either a weekly or monthly basis.
- The minimum order value per delivery is £10 including the delivery charge.
- The delivery charge is a flat rate of £2, which pays our drivers the living wage as well as a mileage allowance.
- We deliver on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, which depends on the delivery area.
- We can’t guarantee a delivery time, as this will vary due to the number of deliveries, traffic and weather conditions etc, however as the delivery runs mostly stay the same from week to week, you can expect your delivery around the same time every week.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with delivery instructions, especially if you know you won’t be home when we deliver. Please let us know of somewhere safe and sheltered that we can leave your delivery.
- If you live in a tenement, it is your responsibility to ensure your driver can gain access to the close, or to provide a safe place for the order to be left should they be unable to gain entry. If your driver is unable to gain access and cannot identify a safe place to leave your order, it will be brought to the shop for customer collection.
- You can give us a key for the close so we can leave your veg box outside your flat door. We ask that you do not give the key to your driver or take it to the shop but to post it to Veg Box HQ:
Veg Box Team
36 Dumbreck Rd
Glasgow G41 5LN
- If your veg box is stolen, we’ll replace it on the first occasion that this happens. We won’t be able to replace any subsequent stolen boxes, as you’re responsible for providing us with delivery instructions.
- You can collect from our shop, avoiding the delivery fee and minimum order.
- Items available for collection are limited to fruit, veg and bread.
- Orders are available to collect on Wednesday mornings from 10.30am onwards. (Collection is available on Fridays upon request).
- We advise collecting as soon as possible as we don’t have a refrigerated space in which to store the veg boxes, and won’t be able to replace any spoiled produce. Uncollected veg boxes will be dismantled on Sunday evening (Thursday evening for Wednesday collections). You will still be charged for the veg box if it is made up for you and you do not collect it.
- If your entire order doesn’t fit into your veg box, we will highlight this on the label – please see a member of staff for assistance.
- After you’ve filled out the online form, you’ll be directed to a confirmation page with a link to Go Cardless to complete a direct debit mandate.
- We’ll email you with confirmation of your order and payment schedule.
- Your first delivery will be noted on the confirmation email that we send to you.
- We take payment by direct debit through Go Cardless.
- We’ll send you an invoice after the last delivery of every month, and payment will be taken from your account 3 days after. In a month, you will get four or five deliveries depending on how the dates fall.
- When we first set up your subscription, we’ll process a payment for your first week, which will be taken within the following 3 days. This allows us to check that your direct debit mandate is working. This will appear on your invoice at the end of your first month, and the payment made will be deducted from the total due.
Pausing your order
- If you’re going on holiday, or need to pause deliveries for a week, the deadlines is 9 am on Monday.
- If you contact us after this time, we will be able to cancel your delivery, however, you will still be charged for it, and we’ll donate your order to the Good Food Fund.
- This allows us to plan ahead for ordering, harvesting and packing, and therefore reduce waste. If you contact us by the deadline, you won’t be charged for the delivery on the cancelled week(s).
Changing your order
- You’ll need to give us written notice of the changes you wish to make, by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, call our veg box team within our office hours/
- You can contact us at any time to change to your order, however, if you’re wanting to make a change for the same week, you’ll need to contact us by 9 am Monday. This allows us to plan ahead for ordering, harvesting and packing.
- All veg boxes are made up as standard, and the content varies seasonally and week to week.
- If there’s anything you don’t want to receive, let us know and we’ll adjust your veg box accordingly. We can accommodate a maximum of three exclusions.
- We can’t guarantee that you’ll get specific items, or make up a custom box as the produce varies seasonally.
Something wrong with your order?
Contact us within 24 hours of delivery if something is wrong with your order:
1) Check your order is correct, ensuring all items are there.
2) Check the quality of your order – certain items can turn quickly after our own careful quality control.
3) If anything is missing or of poor quality, let us know within 24 hours of receiving the box. Please also attach photo evidence where appropriate.
4) We will try our best to redeliver if your driver is still out on delivery. If not, we will refund you as credit to your account. This will show up on your end-of-month invoice as a deduction from the week where the error occurred.
5) After this time, we are unable to process refunds.
If you are not going to be in to receive your order within 24 hours, please let us know in advance of the delivery, so we can make an exception to the rule.
If any produce turns bad unexpectedly outwith the 24 hour period then please do get in contact (with a photo) but first please ensure you have stored the item correctly by referring to our storage guidelines.
- You’ll need to give us written notice of your cancellation, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact us at any time to cancel your order, however, if you’re wanting to make a change for the same week, you’ll need to contact us by 9 am on Monday.
- Should there be any credit remaining on your account when you cancel, we can either give this to you as credit to use in our shop (in the form of Locavore ‘Oatcakes’) or transfer the balance directly to your bank account.
- We’ll deliver your veg in folding boxes (for standard size veg boxes and upwards), which we provide to ensure the produce is suitably packed. Please leave the box out for collection the following week, and we’ll replace it with a full one. There will be a replacement charge for lost boxes.
- We reuse the egg boxes, & Mossgiel also need their milk bottles to be returnes so please help us reduce waste and costs by leaving those out for collection too.
- The monthly meat and cheese boxes are delivered in insulated boxes with ice packs. Please leave these out for collection the following week, as we reuse them.
- We’ll automatically add you to our weekly emailing list for veg box newsletters. Here you’ll find recipe ideas, and information on where your veg has come from. If you’d like to unsubscribe, just let us know.
- We’ll automatically add you to the Open Food Network if your box is going to be delivered, this means that you can place one off orders for delivery with your veg box – we’ll send more information and log in details when we set up your subscription.
- If we need to contact you, we’ll do so by email or phone, so please ensure that if either change, that you let us know.
What happens if….
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a flat)
- We’ll try to gain access to the close by buzzing one of your neighbours, and we’ll leave your delivery outside your flat door.
- If we can’t get into the close, we’ll leave the delivery in the safest place, and will contact you to let you know where we’ve left it.
- If we can’t gain access to the close and your order contains a monthly special such as a meat or cheese box, we’ll return the order to the shop for collection and contact you.
- We’d prefer to leave your order outside you flat door, out of sight and out of the weather, so if access is a recurring issue, we’ll ask for a spare key to the close.
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a house)
- We’ll leave your delivery in the safest place we can, and contact you to say where it is.
We’ve left your delivery outside your door, and it has been taken
- In the first instance we’ll replace it, and ask for a safe place that you’re happy for us to leave your order.
- If this continues to happen, we won’t be able to replace your order as it is your responsibility to ensure we have adequate delivery instructions.
Your order is partially delivered or not delivered
- Contact us and we’ll track down your order.
If we’re out of stock of an item that you have ordered
- We’ll substitute it as best we can, but if you’re not happy with this, we’ll refund you.