PLACING AN ORDER
We send an order form on a Thursday morning, listing our availability and prices for delivery the following week. Our delivery areas and order deadlines are as follows:
|Delivery Area||Delivery Day||Deadline for placing order|
These deadlines are in place to allow us adequate time to process your order, send harvest information to our growers and pack your order.
Additions or changes to your order
We can only process additions or changes to orders within the deadlines specified above.
Cancelling your order
Should you wish to cancel your order, you can do so within the deadlines specified above.
Minimum Order Value
The minimum order value is £30.
For any deliveries outwith our usual delivery area or days will be subject to a delivery fee, price on request.
Items out of stock
We will notify you of any items that are out of stock when we process your order, and give alternative options where applicable.
Invoices are sent by email on the Monday following your delivery. Payments are to be made by bank transfer within 7 days of the invoice date.
You will receive a delivery note with your order, and this will note any last minute changes or items out of stock.
We require you to check your order on delivery and contact our office by email or phone within 24 hours of delivery if something is wrong with your order:
1) Check your order is correct, ensuring all items are there.
2) Check the quality of your order – certain items can turn quickly after our own careful quality control.
3) If anything is missing or of poor quality, let us know within 24 hours of receiving the box. Please also attach photo evidence where appropriate.
Should credit be deemed necessary, a credit note will be added to your account, and the balance will deducted from your next invoice.
We will not be able to process any claims made after 24hours of delivery.
If any produce turns bad unexpectedly outwith the 24 hour period then please do get in contact (with a photo) but first please ensure you have stored the item correctly by referring to our storage guidelines.
We endeavour to keep our plastic consumption to a minimum
Locavore Grown Produce
- Retail bags of herbs, salad & cooking greens will be packed in BioBags, which are made of (non GMO) thistles grown on non-arable land. We encourage our customers to reuse these as food waste caddy liners, or put on a home compost heap.
- Loose leafy greens are sold by the kilo, and will be packed in large plastic bags to retain moisture. You can return this to us for reuse.
You can read more about our packing practice here.
You can contact our fresh produce wholesale team…
- on the phone: 0141 378 1677 (8am-4.30pm Monday to Friday)
- by email: email@example.com
If there are any ambient groceries that you’d like to see on the pricelist, let us know, and we’ll see what we can do.